This outline-specification describes in short, a first class 132' displacement "Expedition" superyacht. This yacht will be engineerred to the best Dutch marine engineering standards and will be built using proven engineered systems and according to Northern European accepted industry standards.
A detailed Technical Specification, corrected towards the final Profile and General Arangement drawings and personalized to the specific requests of the Clinet, shall be available after customizing the motoryacht towards the Client's requirements.
Main dimensions and general description:
Lloyds Register of Shipping for vessels with a rule length not in excess of 50 meters (Maltese Cross) 100 A1 SSC Yacht G6 Mono.
MCA - The motoryacht shall comply with the Marine Coastguard Agency (MCA) Large commercial yacht code (LY2) for yachts <500GT.
Propulsion and performance
||:ca. 40.29 meters
||ca. 132 ft 2 inches
||:ca. 36.85 meters
||ca. 120 ft6 19 inches
||:ca. 8.28 meters
||ca. 27 ft 16 inches
||:ca. 8.58 meters
||ca. 28 ft 15 inches
|Draft (@50% loaded)
||:ca. 2.52 meters
||ca. 8 ft 27 inches
|Displacement (50% loaded)
||:ca. 385 metric tons
||:ca. 455 GT
||Two Caterpillar diesel engines, type C32 ACERT; 537 bkW - 720bhp @ 1800 rpm
||: Water lubricated propulsion system with five-blade propeller
||365.6 lt/hr. - 96.6 gal/hr.
||ca. 13.0 knots
||ca. 13.5 knots
|Range (@ 12.5 knots):
||ca. 5000 nautical miles at 10 knots (including 10% consumable left ofn arrival, bad weather allowance and generator consumption.)
Main auxiliary equipment
||ca. 74,441 liters
||ca. 19,641 gallons
||ca. 11,379 liters
||ca. 3002 gallons
||ca. 1400 liters
||ca. 370 gallons
||ca. 339 gallons
||ca. 4762 liters
||ca. 1256 gallons
||ca. 4762 liters
||ca. 1256 gallons
Design and styling
||Two Northern Lights M-1064-H marine generators : 99.0 kW @ 1800 rpm
||Two Matrix Silver A water makers with a total capacity of 11,356 liters/day - 3000 gallons/day
The "Design and Styling" of the exterior of this motoryacht shall be executed by Vripack's design team. The "Naval Architecture" of this motoryacht shall be executed by Vripack's design team. The "Design and Styling and Interior Decor" of the interior of this motoryacht shall be executed by an interior designer of the Client's approval.
Materials and workmanship
All materials, items of equipment installed in or delivered with the motoryacht shall be new and of first class marine quality, suitable for the intended purpose and shall comply with the requirments of the Classification Society and/or other Regulatory Bodies where appropriate.
Equipment shall be capable of continuous operation as far as applicable in the respective locations on the motoryacht for the stated temperature conditions.
All work carried out on the motoryacht shall be according to the first class yacht building practive and any defective workmanship shall be rectified at the Builder's expense.
Construction of the motoryacht
The construction of the motoryacht shall take place at the Builder's building location at NASA's Michoud Assembly Facility.
The Builder shall provide a conditional, two year warranty on all materials and workmanship, related to the design, construction and delivery of the motoryacht.
Construction Steel Hull
The steel hull, with some stainless steel parts, shall be welded construction throughout.
The steel scantlings shall be in accordance with the best yacht building standards and according to the Class approved drawings and to the requirements of the Classification Society.
Construction Aluminum / Composite Superstructure and Mast:
The aluminum/composite superstructure and mast shall be of a welded or laminated constrcution throughout.
The aluminum/composite scantlings shall be in accordance with the best yacht building standards and according to the Class approved drawings and to the requirements of the Classification society.
Two Caterpillar diesel engines, type C32 ACERT 537 bkW - 720 bhp @ 1800 rpm, equipped as specified shall be installed on board the motoryachton flexible mountings.
Two ZF or equivalent gearboxes shall be built on the main engines and connected to the water lubricated shaft installations. On the other side of the shafts two five-blade propellers shall be installed.The professional propulsion plant shall consist of the following:
- Main engines
- Integraated drip trays
- Gear boxes
- Flexible couplings
- Flexible mountings
- Water lubricated propeller shaft installation
- Earthing shafts
- Five-blade propellers, counter rotating
- Main engine driven hydraulic (PTO) pumps
- Main engine controls in the wheelhouse and on the bridge wing control stations
- Instruments and alarms
The electrical installation and all cables, devices and equipment embodied therein shall be installed per "First Class Yacht Building Practice" standards and in accordance with the requirements of the Classification Society and the Regulatory Bodies and shall be suitable for a steel hull and aluminum/composite superstructure.
The Voltage supply shall be as follows:
The main suppliers for the electrical power are:
|Main and emergency power system:
||120/208V - 60 Hz - 3-phase
|Lighting and general consumers:
||120V - 60 Hz
||24V - DC
|Motoryachts service, alarms and communications:
||24V - DC and 120V - 60 Hz
|Main engine and generator starting:
||24V - DC
3 shore cord connections
2 (150 A) at the stern
1 (150 A) at the bow and
1 (100 kVA A-SAE) volt. / freq. transfomer converter and galvanic isolater
|Special NavCom electronics:
||12V - DC battery
||2 (150 A) stern and 1 (150 A) bow
||2 Northern Lights M-1064-H : 99.0 kW @ 1800 rpm
4 banks of starting batteries: 24V - 200 Ah.
1 bank of service batteries: 24V - 1200 Ah.
1 bank of emergency batteries: 24V - 600 Ah.
1 radio battery: 24V - 350 Ah.
The two main generators shall be arranged for continuous parallel running and shall be suitable for equal sharing of the electrical load. To achieve this, the load sharing control shall be performed by a high quality Class approved electronic control system, the power management system.
The professional electrical installation shall consist of all required materials the following:
- Main AC-system (120/208 V- 60Hz - 3-phase)
- Main generators
- Integrated drip trays
- Shore connections
- Shore connection cables
- Shore converter
- kWh - meters
- Distribution system
- Main switchboard "P" - AC system (120/208 V-60Hz - 3-phase)
- Power management system
- Low voltage DC-system (24 V)
- Low voltage DC - sytem (12 V)
- Distribution and main switchboard - DC system (24 V and 12 V)
- Battery charging and battery switchboard
- Battery chargers
- Navigation lights
- Search lights
- Docking lights
- Name and home port up lighters
- Underwater lighting
- Red light wheelhouse
- Welcome lights
- Lighting engine room
- Lighting (PC-sum)
- Emergency lighting
- Alarm and monitoring system (200 hard wired points & 250 electronic interface points)
- General alarm
- Emergency stops
- Smoke and fire detection system
- CCTV system
- Galvanic corrosion protection
- Mimic panels
- Labeling and name plates
- Scheme's etc.
The motoryacht shall be provided with a sophisticated and complete fuel system, providing its consumers with clean fuel. This system should also be used for trimming the motoryacht.The fuel system shall consist of the following:
- Integrated fuel tanks
- Fuel day tanks
- Fuel filling stations
- Fuel manifold
- Fuel pumps
- Fuel water separator
- Fuel filters and fuel/water separators
- Drip trays
- Fuel tank measuring system
- Tender diesel re-fueling system
- Fuel pipes, with valves, not-return valves, sight glasses, etc.
Cooling Water and Exhaust System
The motoryacht shall be provided with a complete, sophisticated and professional cooling water and exhaust system, providing its consumers from clean cooling water and discharging the exhaust gases as conveniently as possible, while using the equipment as specified.The cooling water and exhaust system shall consist of the following:
- Seawater inlet chests and gratings
- Seawater strainers and filters
- Cross over pipe
- Exhaust system main engines
- Silencers exhausts main engines
- Water injectors exhausts main engines
- Exhaust systems generators
- Silencers exhausts generators
- Water/exhaust gases separators exhausts generartors
- Compensators and flexible mounting equipment/systems exhaust systems
- Cooling water lines, valves, etc.
- Exhaust lines, valves, insulations, etc.
The motoryacht shall be provided with a complete, sophisticated and professional hydraulic system, divided in two major sub-systems, providing hydraulic power to the installed equipment.
The following two hydraulic systems shall be installed:1. Main hydraulic system:The main hydraulic system shall consist of the following:
The main hydraulic system shall supply the following equipment with hydraulic power:
- One stainless steel tank
- Two main engine driven pumps
- One electric driven pump
- One seawater pump (combined with the steering hydraulic unit)
- Hydraulic lines, valves, etc.
2. Steering hydraulic systemThe main hydraulic system shall consist of the following:
- Bow thruster, 90 kW
- Active stabilizer system
- Anchor windlass
- Capstans aft
- Deck crane SWL 1500 kg
- Telescopic overhead crane, SWL 1500 kg
- Stern door
The steering hydraulic system shall supply the following equipment with hydraulic power:
- One stainless steel tank
- Two electric driven pumps
- One seawater pump (combined with the main hydraulic unit)
- Hydraulic lines, valves, etc.
The motoryacht shall also be provided with an emergency steering system.
Fresh Water System
The motoryacht shall be provided with a complete and sophisticated fresh water system, providing its consumers with clean cold and/or hot water using the equipment as specified.The fresh water system shall consist of the following:
- Integrated fresh water tanks
- Fresh water filling stations
- Fresh water shore connection with over pressure relief
- Filter unit for the fresh water shore connection
- Fresh water pressure pumps and pressure tanks
- Fresh water heaters
- Warm water circulation pumps
- Fresh water filters UV sterilizer and silver Ionizer
- Fresh water measuring system
- Fresh water maker(s)
- Wheelhouse window wash installation
- Deck showers
- Fresh water deck wash connections and hoses
- Fresh water faucets, etc.
- Fresh water lines, valves, etc.
Grey and Black Water System
The motoryacht shall be provided with a complete, sophisticated and professional grey and black wate system, discharging grey and black water from the consumers/users and various systems as installed, while using the equipment as specified.The grey and black water system shall consist of the following:
- Integrated and/or loose grey water tanks
- Integrated black water tank
- Sewage treatment plant and "Tidal Wave" tank
- Integrated sewage holding tank
- Air diffuser
- Grey and black water pumps
- Drip trays
- Overboard connections
- Shore discharge connections
- Grey and black water tank measuring systems
- Toilets and bidets
- Shower pans
- Baths and Jazuzzis
- Grey and black water lines, vales, etc.
Bilge, Deck Wash and Fire Fighting System
The motoryacht shall be provided with a sophisticated and complete bilge, deck wash and a separate fire fighting system, while using the equipment as specified.
The bilge, deck wash and fire fighting system shall be installed in accordance with the requirements of the Classification Society and the Regulatory Bodies.The bilge, deck wash and fire fighting water system shall consist of the following:
- Bilge and deck wash manifold
- Bilge pumps and bilge oil/water separator
- Fire fighting pumps
- Bilge suction points
- Overboard connections
- Anchor wash installation
- Fire fighting connections
- Fire fighting hoses
- Bilge, deck wash and fire fighting lines, valves, etc.
Ventilation and Air Condtioning Sytems
The motoryacht shall be provided with a sophisticated and complete ventilation and air conditioning system, which shall be able to operate mechanical and/or manual, while using the equipment as specified.The ventilation and air conditioning system shall consist of the following:Air Conditioning:
HeatingFresh Air Installation:
- Compressor units
- Seawater pumps
- Fancoil units
- Frequency controllers
- Display panels
- Air conditioning lines, valves, etc.
- Central air handling unit
- Frequency controllers
- Display panels
- Fresh air lines, ducts, valves, etc.
Engine room ventilation:
- Various fans
- De-aeration lines, vallves, etc.
Mist eliminators and grills
- AC fans
- Engine room ventilation lines, valves, etc.
The motoryacht shall be provided with a sophisticated and professional heating system, which shall be integrated with and connected to the air conditioning system.The heating system shall consist of the following:
- Electric heater
- Controls, switches
- Electric towel heaters
Lubrication and Dirty Oil System
The motoryacht shall be provided with a simple and professional lubrication and dirty oil system, providing clean lubrication oil to and discharging dirty oil from the consumers while using the equipment as specified.The lubrication and dirty oil system shall consist of the following:
- Integrated lubrication oil tank as a reservoir
- Deck connections lubrication and dirty oil system
- Lubrication oil pump
- Integrated dirty oil tank
- Dirty oil pump
- Apparatus, hoses and pistol lubrication oil "filling"
- Hoses dirty oil discharge
- Drip trays
- Lubrication and dirty oil tank measuring system
- Lubrication and dirty oil lines, valves, thermostats, sight glasses, etc.
Compressed Air System
The motoryacht shall be provided with a simple and professional compressed air system, providing its consumers with compressed air, when using the equipment as specified.The compressed air system shall consist of the following:
- Air bottles
- Air dryers
- Air apparatus and hoses compressed air system
- Drip trays
- Compressed air lines, vales, accumulators, etc.
Engine Room Layout and Engine Room Parts
The engine room layout shall be executed as indicated on the General Arrangement of the motoryacht and shall furthermore be provided with first class equipment as briefly specified.
All equipment, valves, switches, etc. shall be posistioned and installed in such a way that proper operation, maintenance and cleaning of the motoryacht's engine room and its installations and systems is ensured.Hereunder in short is a summary with reqard to the engine room layout and the engine room parts that shall be provided and/or installed on board the motoryacht:
- Protection covers and guards
- Work bench and lifting arrangements
- Railings and hand grips
- Storage racks/lockers and containers
- Labeling and name plates
- Engine room fire fighting installation
The motoryacht shall be provided with a "state-of-the-art" insulation package providing both thermal, fire and acoustical insulation.
Maximum sound dampening shall be obtained by the combined effect of a suitable mounting system for the main engines, the generators and other noise producing equipment, the careful selection of fans (exhasut and engine room) and the mounting of insulation in the walls, bulkheads, overheads and floors.
The insulation shall also safeguard the fire integrity of the motoryacht, which shall be in accordance with the requirements of the Classification Society and the Regulatory Bodies.
The complete motoryacht's design and its details of construction and systems shall be designed in such a way that vibrations causing any potential damage shall be avoided and shall not interfere with the proper functioning of equipment and/or comfort on board the motoryacht.
Interior Joinery Work
The interior joinery work of both the luxury interior as well as the crew interior shall be first class and be executed according to the General Arrangement drawings showing the Profile and the Deck arrangements.
Two kinds of executions shall apply for the interior of the motoryacht, namely:
The "Luxury Quality":
The luxury quality shall be first class quality craftsmanship, providing the highest level of comfort, ambience, etc.
The "luxury quality" interior can be described as delicate.
The "Crew Quality":
The crew quality shall be first class quality craftsmanship, providing the highest level of comfort, functionality, etc.
The "crew quality" interior can be described as solid and functional, but still very comfortable.
Exterior Decks and Joinery Woodwork
The exteior deck and joinery woodwork of all exterior decks and the tender garage shall be executed according to the General Arrangement drawings showing the profile and the deck arrangements.
All exterior decks shall be provided with an artifical synthetic "Bolidt" teak decking of the best quality. The underside of the deck overhangs shall be lined with painted marine plywood or equivalent materials, fixed with hidden fasteners to the motoryacht's main construction.
The exterior ceiling shall be removable and provided with grills, lighting fixtures, speakers, provisions for folding down flat screens, etc.
On the exterior decks also some teak exterior fixed and Owner's supplied loose furniture shall be provided as indicated on the General Arrangement drawings showing the deck arrangements.The exterior spaces shall consist of the following:
- Swimming platform directly connected to the tender garage
- Main deck aft with stairs, large side walks and several seating/lounging areas
- Fore deck working area
- Bridge deck aft with sun bathing/lounging areas, stairs, wetbar, several seating/lounging areas
- Bridge deck forward with large side walks and stairs, bridge wing control stations
- Sun deck with tender and jet ski storage, lounging areas, stairs, wetbar and an observation area
Paint Work and Cathodic Protection
The motoryacht shall be provided with first class Dupont exterior paint system (US specification) above the waterline and engine room and with first class International Paint systems (US specification) below the waterline, in the steel hull and aluminum/composite superstructure and in the applicable tanks.
The hull, the superstructure and mast shall be painted white, with some colored metallic patches.
Plywood flooring shall be painted on both sides except wthere the gluing process for carpets requires the substrate to be unpainted.
The engine room shall be painted whiel RAL9010 and touched up after trials and final adjustments as necessary. The main engines, auxiliary engines, main switchboards, pumps motors and electrical panels etc. shall be painted in a uniform color.
All areas which are difficult to reach and/or clean and where water cannot freely run off shall, at the earliest possible stage in the construction, be filled with an appropriate epoxy filling material. After applying the above paint systems the waterline and some possible stripping shall be painted and/or mounted on the stern (hull) and the name shall be mounted on the superstructure sides of the motoryacht.
The Builder shall provide two "Builder's" logos on both sides of the motoryacht.
Furthermore the interior and exterior woodwork shall be lacquered or painted as required with a two component paint system.
Outfitting and Equipment
The motoryacht shall be provided with first class equipment as specified in this chapter and all the other chapters being part of this specification.
All items as specified in this chapter shall be executed according to the requirements of the Classification Society and the Regulatory Bodies as far as applicable.The outfitting and equipment shall consist of the following:
- Anchor winch foundation
- Chain lockers
- Anchor pockets
- Anchors and chains
- Anchor chain rollers, compressors and devil's claws
- Anchor ball
- Bell tower and ship's bell
- Spring bollards/fairleads
- Rub rails and shaving strips
- Scuppers and drains
- Sail tracks
- Round and oval railings
- Additional railings and handgrips
- Stairs and ladders
- Lightweight boarding ladder
- Deck stores and storage
- Exterior doors
- Exterior sliding doors
- Watertight bulkhead doors
- Hinges, door handles, door stoppers, dogging systems
- Window wipers and washers
- Flag pole
- Front wheelhouse window covers
- Hard top and sun awnings
- Sea fastenings plugs, eye-bolts, cables and bands
- Fenders and fender cleats
- Mooring lines and lines
- Boat whips
- Main tender cradle
- Hoisting devices and tender/jet ski roll
- Life rafts
- Life buoys and flash lights
- Life jackets
- Fire extinguishers
- Further safety equipment
- Swimming ladder
- Plimsoll draft mark and marks
- Various high gloss polished stainless steel components
- TV lifts/sliding screens
- Steering wheel
- Spare parts
- Tools, etc.
- Further equipment
Domestic Equipment (PC-sum)
The domestic equipment shall be determined, with regard to the makes, models and executions, during the building process by the Interior Designer, who shall select out of brands as Foster, Gaggenau, Hobart, Jenn-Air, ISE, KitchenAid, Liebherr, Miele, Sub-Zero, U-Line or equivalent.
All equipment unless specified different shall be buil-in equipment.The "domestic equipment" shall consist of the following:
- Freezers and refrigerators
- Ice cube makers
- Wine cooler
- Cooking plate
- Exhaust hood
- Coffee machines
- Mircowave oven
- Barbeque grill
- Washing machines
- Dryers (vented)
- Garbage disposal
- Trash compactor
- Trash bins
The upholstery shall be specified by the Interior Designer, who call specify the complete upholstery in detail on the drawings and the attached material lists. This all in close cooperation with the Owner.The "upholstery" shall consist of:
- Fabrics chairs, sofas and cushions
- Helm leaning post
- Fabrics covering walls
- Fabrics covering ceilings
- Blinds and curtains
- Floor covering and under padding
- Wood floors
- Exterior cushions and mattresses
Navigational and Communicational System (PC-sum)
The motoryacht shall be equipped with a navigational and communicational system, engineered, produced, delivered and commissioned.
The motoryacht shall be able to travel worldwide and shall be equipped in accordance to GMDSS for Area A3.The "navigational and communicational equipment" shall consist of the following:
The motoryacht shall be equipped with not PC-sum "navigational and communicational equipment":
- Integrated Navigation System and/or Not Integrated Navigation System
- Navigatin equipment
- Communication equipment
- Bearing device
- Radar transponder
- Load hailers
- Intercom installation
- Automatic telephone installation
Entertainment System (PC-sum)
The motoryacht shall be equipped with an entertainment system, engineered, produced, delivered and commissioned.The "entertainment equipment" shall consist of the following:
- Entertainment system
- Navigational information
- Communicational information
- Alam and monitoring information
- Cabin automation, including lighting and HVAC control
- Audio equipment
- Audio visual equipment
- Speakers, controls, etc.
- Antenna systems
Owner Supplied Items
The following items shall be supplied by the Owner:
- Main tender with outboard engine (max. 18 ft and 1500 kg loaded)
- Other water sport equipment
- Diving bottles and gear
- Loose furniture exterior decks
- Charts, pilots, almanacs, chart table equipment, etc.
- Personal computers, printers, etc.
- Binoculars, etc.
- Spare parts & tools
- Medical kits & medicines
- Loose household equipment
- Sculptures, paintings, books and other works of art
- Sundries (ashtrays, vases, etc.)
- Cutlery, including logos
- Table silver and china, including logos
- Glasses, including logos
- Pots, pans, kitchen utensils
- Table linens, including logos
- Bed linens and bedspreads, including logos
- Blankets, pillows, including logos
- Towels, including logos
- Certificates issued by National authorities /Regulatory Bodies or other certificiates, whereby the Builder will provide assistance when applicable
All the Owner's supplied items shall be installed onboard the motoryacht prior ot delivery and properly fastened in accordance with all super yacht standards for at sea conditions.
As this "Outline Specification" concerns a "High-Performance" Superyacht, the Builder shall specify the maximum weight of all items in total a realistic as possible as a part of its weight control system
In order to allow for later specification a Provisional Cost Sums (= PC-sums or allowances) has been incorporated in the outline specification for the procurement of the following, including all materials, the fabrication and the installation, unless specified different:
The PC-sums shall be modified in accordance with the detailed specification, which shall be modified towards the requests of the Owner.
|Navigational and communicational equipment
Options and Alterations
The following options can be incorporated into the detailed Technical Specification:
- Ship's model
- 75kVA converter instead of 100kVA converter
- Separate AC system(230V - 50Hz - 1-phase)
- Upgrade CCTV system
- Flow meters
- Fresh water high pressure cleaner
- Dragonfly zero-discharge system instead of Headhunter "Tidal Wave" treatment system
- High-fog installation
- Electric radiators bathrooms
- Diving compressor
- DuPont paint work instead of Awlgrip paint work
- Harnasses sail tracks
- 18 ft. "Custom" main tender
- Helm chair
- Computer network and internet